Agence de Voyage et d'Evènementiel sur la Côte d'Azur
The 6th Fleet Special Tour
NICE CIMIEZ & FORT ALBAN - EZE FORT DE LA REVERE -
LA TURBIE TROPHEE AUGUSTE - SAINTE AGNES LIGNE MAGINOT
The Sixth Fleet Special Tour
Full day 8 heures
If you are willing to know more about the Rich and Ancient History of our Region.
With a special focus on the Naval and Military History from the Antiens to Modern time.
* Nice Cimiez, the Ancient Roman City of Cemenelum - The Arenas & Baths (1st to 4th Century)
* "Fort du mont Alban" protecting Villefranche and Nice (16th Century )
* Eze "Fort de la Revere” a tremendous view on the Sea & the Alps, built by Napoleon III (19th Century)
* La Turbie, the trophy Augustus and the via Julia Augusta (6 BC)
* Saint-Agnes, the highest coastal village in Europe, the ruins of the castle (12th century) and
the Maginot Line fortress (1st & 2nd WW)
There we will have lunch at a nice local restaurant offering a beautiful view on Menton and Italy.
Then we will drive back to villefranche via the coastal road (Menton, Monaco, Cap d’Ail, Beaulieu and Villefranche) and drop off at your hotel.
Our driver/guide, fluent in English has an extensive knowledge of all these different time periods, battles, armies, Kings and even Emperors who fought to possess this region.
The traces of history are extremely rich and diverse and the facts themselves are sometimes more surprising than a fiction. But what else could you expect from the characters who played a huge part in our history: Emperors Julius Caesar& Augustus, Louis XIV the Sun King, Barbarossa, François 1er, Charles Quint, Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon III and many more…
Full day tour 9am – 5pm
From 4 to 8 p max.
Experimented drive and guide, fluent in english.
Reservation 48h before
Warm clothes needed.